I have a bedroom!

Now, for someone who's used to, you know... normal standards of living, the announcement that I have a bedroom may come as a "??" but as some of you know, I've spent most of my nights sleeping on a two-seater couch for the past six months or so. Now, I finally have a room devoted to rest & relaxation and while it's not done yet (I'll be installing shelving for storage etc.), I wanted to share it with you in its current state because I've been squealing about it since about 10AM.

The bed's already passed the Feline Bureau of Investigation check & I feel like I might have a fight on my hands as to who the bed actually belongs to. I've had the bed for a while but it's now double-mattressed (thanks to my back issues, I was eligible for an upgrade! o/) and it's so comfy, you guys. Rosa's already dragged beanie onto it (that is, my hat that she for some reason reckons exists only to serve as her bed) so I'd say it's passed the inspection with flying colours. :P I have a lot of ideas how to clutter up the immediate vicinity of the bed (if you know Yours Truly, you'll know simple is never the way to go :P) including draping foliage (plastic, of course -- cats vs plants is a tricky issue) and I've got grand schemes of a whole lavender theme with a hint of morbid and I can't wait for the paychecks to start rolling back in in November because I feel a lot of my disposable income will go into decorative items. You'd be surprised how well you can get by even on disability payments when you're not getting bladdered every day...



You can probably tell that my bedroom isn't exactly gigantic, but... well, I live in social housing so the flat's not massive to begin with, and it's quite enough for me & the girls. Finally, we're getting some form of stability and normality & I'm so happy to finally be able to offer it to them and to myself. Maybe this genuinely is the beginning of a new chapter. And I begin it with an epic bedroom that's exactly how I like it. Squee~! I'm so happy. :)

Post a Comment